The Magister prepares the pledge brothers for Initiation into Sigma Chi. He must gain member support and involvement in the program. He directs and conducts a chapter program that instills in the pledges the ideals of Sigma Chi, and he develops their pride in and commitment to the Fraternity through lessons of learning, participation and responsibility. The Magister must enforce, along with all members of the chapter, the Fraternity's prohibition of hazing or any activities that are embarrassing, trivial, deceptive, demeaning or contradictory to academic responsibilities or Sigma Chi's ideals and policies. He may assist the Pro Consul in P.I.T. and should attend Balfour Leadership Training Workshop.
Officer Duties Include
- Conduct a chapter program that prepares the pledge brothers for Initiation as committed, responsible and active brothers.
- Plan, articulate, organize and lead the conduct of this program in the chapter.
- Ensure the understanding, support and involvement of all members of the undergraduate chapter.
- Guide a chapter program that instills pride in and commitment to the ideals of Sigma Chi through learning, participation and responsibility.
- Prevent any activities or occurrences of hazing, or any activities that are embarrassing, trivial, deceptive, subservient or contradictory to academic responsibility.
- Establish and guide the pledge program to emphasize individual responsibility and motivation in scholastic achievement.
- Direct and conduct the program based on and consistent with Sigma Chi pledge objectives, programs and materials.
- Ensure that the official pledge and initiation forms and fees are furnished on time to the Fraternity.
- Oversee the chapter's preparations for and conduct of indoctrination and Initiation activities.
- Supervise the care of Ritualistic equipment.
- Assist the Pro Consul in Post Initiation Training.
- Attend Balfour Leadership Training Workshop.
Hold himself and every member of the Fraternity accountable to the Sigma Chi Oath of Initiation.